You better believe it!
Bees are amazing creatures and we’re all about sharing exactly how incredible these insects are. Check out our “did you know” section for some pretty cool facts that will have you sounding like a bee expert in no time!
A Queen bee can lay up to 2,500 eggs per day !
All worker bees are female and have a normal lifespan of 45 days !
Male bees are called “Drones” and their only role is to mate with the Queen of another hive!
A typical honeybee colony has 50,000 to 80,000 bees!
- 1 Queen (reproductive female)
- 300 Drones (reproductive males)
- 25,000 older Worker Bees, foragers (non-reproductive females)
- 25,000 young Worker Bees, in hive (non-reproductive females)
- 20,000 capped Larvae
- 9,000 Larvae requiring food
- 6,000 Eggs
A fully fertile Queen Bee lives 4 – 7 years compared to approximately 45 days for a worker bee!
The Queen Bee’s diet consists exclusively of royal jelly which is produced by young worker bees.